Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Conservation Club Honours Members

Two long-time members of the Fort Frances Conservation Club have been recognized for their efforts.

Willie Anderson and Jack Hedman were awarded life-time members from the club at its annual meeting last night.

Hedman, the past-president of the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters, says its a great honour.

"I've been a member of the club for the close to thirty years," says Hedman, "I looked around the room tonight and I saw all these fellows who've been around for that length of time. To be honoured by your peers is really something else. It's really special."

For Anderson, it was a love for the outdoors got him involved with the club more than 40-years ago."

"I've always like the outdoors and hunted," says Anderson. "I used to gunsmith at one time and still do a fair amount of shooting when I get the chance. I just enjoy working with the group."

Anderson, who manages the club's gun range, was also awarded the Bud Cyr Conservation trophy which recognizes the contributions of a club member over the past year.

The club also honoured Junior members Robert and Jacob Empy for their work on several club projects last year.