Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Internet Cap Opposed


The operator of a web design firm in Fort Frances says a CRTC decision allowing Internet service providers to put a cap on how much data consumers can download will have a detrimental effect on all users.

Travis Glowasky of Studio Gibbous says the planned 25 gigabyte limit will only impact how people now use the Internet.

"If we as Canadians have this cap brought in, the Internet won't flourish anymore," says Glowasky. "People are going to looking at it like a cellphone where you already say 'I'm I over my minutes. People will now be thinking 'am I over my bandwidth."

Glowasky says many people already exceed the 25-Gig cap.

An on-line petition has been set up in hopes of getting government to stop the regulation from going in place March 1.