Tuesday, August 31, 2010

More Election Candidates


Two Fort Frances councillors are among the latest to seek re-election this October.

Andrew Hallikas is hoping to continue the work started by the current council.

"Council worked very well together," says Hallikas. "I think in our term we accomplished a lot and I'm hoping everyone from council runs again. I like working with this group of people."

Ken Perry, who joined council mid-way through this term in a by-election, believes he brings a strong voice for residents to the council table.

"I like to do my research," says Perry. "I like to know what I'm talking about when I'm talking and make a decision that sometimes everyone doesn't agree with, but if anybody asks me why I did what I did or make the decision that I did, I've always a good reason for doing it."

Paul Ryan remains the only Fort Frances councillor yet to file nomination papers.

Elsewhere, Ross Donaldson has refiled for councillor in the township of LaVallee.

He joins incumbent Freeda Carmody and newcomer Harold Kellar on the October 10 ballot so far in that community.