Thursday, October 22, 2009

2010 Bass Tournament a Go

The Fort Frances Canadian Bass Championship is a go for 2010.

The tournament's board of directors agreed following a meeting Tuesday night to proceed with the planning of next year's tournament after filling two of four vacancies on the board.

Board chair Tom Fry says they'll be informing anglers of their decision very soon.

"The information will be going out within the next week to anglers," says Fry, "and there's going to be a deadline of November 30 for entries."

Fry says they're still looking for someone to serve as a co-chair which is key to a tournament happening in 2011.

"What we're concerned about is being in the same position next year. I don't want to be in the position of being the one who says I resign and this thing is done. That's were I find myself right now. Moving forward I want to have someone in place who will take it on for the following year and work along side me (this year)."